The department was established in 1988. It is one of the oldest departments in our institute, and is endowed with a highly competitive diploma program affiliated to Maharashtra Board of Technical Education, Mumbai (MSBTE). It has well developed laboratories like Mass Transfer, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Mechanical operation and Computer etc. Vibrant and creative learning environment is provided for Students. Aside from excellence in curriculum, the department has made significant contributions to the extra curriculum development of students. Our faculty as well as students participated in state and national level paper presentation, poster presentations and technical debates etc. Our students have excelled both in chemical industry and academia. The department has been continually adapting and responding to the rapidly changing economic, social and technological scenarios at the national levels.
To train technicians in Chemical engineering consistently matching with the latest requirements of industry and to promote all round personal development inculcating social concern.
- To train technicians to adopt technological development and professional practice in the field of Chemical engineering.
- To foster excellence by promoting creativity, critical thinking, sensitivity toward society and respect for the environment.
- To enhance career opportunities for students through exposure to higher education, industry and entrepreneurship.
- Understand how chemical engineering produces the goods, services needed by industry and society.
- Apply knowledge and skills to respond to recent technological changes.
|Sr.No||Name of Faculty||Qualification||Designation||Experience|
|1||Prof. N.M. Garad||M.E.Chemical Engineering||HOD||26 Yrs|
|2||Prof . A.S. Shirsath||M.E.Chemical Engineering||Lecturer||17 Yrs|
|3||Prof. S.C. Dighe||M.E.Chemical Engineering||Lecturer||10 Yrs|
|4||Prof. P.S. Kale||M.E.Chemical Engineering||Lecturer||10 Yrs|
|5||Prof . P.R. Gulave||M.E.Chemical Engineering||Lecturer||06 Yrs|
|Mr. J.B. Katore||BSC Chemistry, LCHM||Lab Assistant||15 Yrs|
Department has well equipped and well-furnished laboratories with all latest equipments necessary for Research Project Work and conducting practicals as per MSBTE curriculum.
|Sr.No||Name of Laboratory|
|1||Mass transfer Operation|
|2||Heat Transfer Operation|
|4||Fluid Flow Operation|
|5||Process Inst.& Control|
|6||Chemical Process Technology|
1. Technical Paper Published in Journal by Faculty
|Sr. No.||Date||Name of Staff||Name of Journal||Title of Paper||Level|
|Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research.||Hydrodynamic Cavitation as a Novel approach for treatment of Waste Water||Inter national|
|2||June.2016||Prof.A.S.Shirsath||Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research.||Green Fuel Bioethanol from Agriculture Waste by wheat straw||Inter national|
2. Technical Paper Presented in conference by Faculty
|Sr. No.||Date||Name of Staff||Title of Paper||Place||National/ International|
|Geopolymeric Building Material Using Industrial Waste||Senior College , Satral||National|
3. Achievements by Department
- Department received excellent grade Award from Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai for Academic Performance in 2015-16.
- Mr. Vishal Thorat of Third Year received National Level Athletics Bronze Medal in 400 meters and Gold Medal in 200 meters. He has been selected for Asian Games 2017.
- Mr. Parveez Mansuri of Third Year received third State level Merit prize of Rupees 2000/ -in April 2015 Examination.
- Our toppers in summer 2016 examination.
|Sr. No.||Name of Students||Marks Obtained||Percentage|
|1||Kasar Samadhan Bhausaheb||1425/1650||86.36|
|2||Kanwade Bhushan Bhausaheb||1412/1650||85.58|
|3||Pathare Dhananjay Vilas||1387/1650||84.06|
- Campus placements
|Sr.No||Name of Industry Approached for Campus Interview||No. of Students Selected||Salary Per Annum in Lacks|
|1||Alkyl Amines Ltd Kurkumb,Daund||16||1.80|
|2||Cipla Pharmaceutical, Kurkumb,Daund||14||1.60|
|3||Toyo Engineering, Bombay||03||2.20|
|4||Privi Organic Ltd, Mahad||04||1.70|
|5||Gharda Chemicals, Dombivali||05||1.44|
4. Other Activities for overall Development of Students.
- Remedial Classes Conducted for Students.
- MOUs signed with Industries.
- Various Co-curricular activities and Expert Lectures were conducted for Personality Development of Students.
- Expert Lecture Conducted
|Sr.No||Name of Industry Expert||Topic||Date|
|1||Mr. Laxman Magar Senior Processes Engineer, Petrokon Ltd,Singapur||Career Opportunities for Chemical Engineering Students||16/07/2016|
|Unit operations & Unit Processes in Pharmaceutical Industries||30/08/2016|
- Activity Conducted
|1||Celebration of World Youth Skill day||15/07/2016|
|2||State Level Debate Competition||17/09/2016|
|4||Poster Presentation on Industrial safety||27/09/2016|