Automobile industry is one of thedomains, wherein many advances are taking place. However with the need for up gradation, the field has always been a point of attraction with respect to employment. The huge demand of professionals has been providing a bright future.
The department of automobile engineering, established in 2007, is active since its inception in dealing with the need of the industry, in terms of qualified and talented engineers. The regular curriculum includes evaluation and analysis of performance of the vehicles and a methodical approach to its maintenance.
The department provides the theoretical knowledge along with the hands on training. Knowledge of the basic concepts is very efficiently communicated to the students. Well qualified and experienced staff, well equipped laboratories, regular interaction with reputed industries, guest lectures are the salient features of the department’s success.
To train technicians competent in terms of knowledge and skills in the field of Automobile Engineering by providing industry oriented education and hands on training to them including personality development and social concern.
- To provide quality education to the students and enhancing their skills through competent faculty and infrastructure.
- To enhance career opportunities for students through exposure to higher education, industry and entrepreneurship.
- To develop linkages with industries and educational institutions to provide live experiences and latest technological respect for the environment.
- To inculcate sensitivity towards society and respect for environment.
The goals of the Automotive Engineering Department are to provide the opportunity for students to develop:
1. Awareness of the safety and environmental concerns related to the industry.
2. Critical thinking skills in technical problem solving.
3. To broad exposure in the design, development and testing of automobiles.
4. To provide experiential learning environment for outcome based teaching- learning process.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Faculty||Qualification||Designation||Experience(Years)|
|1||Prof.E. R .Ghogare||M.E.Mech||HOD||21|
|3||Prof.R. G. Janunkar||B.E. Auto||Lecturer||4|
|6||Prof. S.L. Ghorpade||B.E.Mech||Lecturer||3|
|7||Shri. M.S.Godage||DME.TTTI||Lab Assistant||9|
|8||Shri. S.D.Shinde||DME||Lab Assistant||8|
Department has well equipped and well-furnished following laboratories with all latest
equipments necessary for conducting practical’s as per curriculum.
|Sr.No||Name of Laboratories|
|Automobile Engine System|
|Vehicle Layout & Transmission Systems|
|Automotive Electrical & Electronic Systems|
|Computer aided Drafting|
1. Department website. (www.pplauto.wix.com )
Achievements by department
Awarded Very good grade by ExternalAcademic monitoring committee appointedby Board of
2.100% results of final year for summer2016 examination.
3. Our toppers in summer 2016 examinationare
|Sr. No.||Name of student||Marks obtained||Percentage|
|3||Gite Ganesh Pandurang||1342/1650||81.33|
4. Prof. R. M. Kanase, completed M. E. in Mechanical Engineering from savitribai Phule Pune
University in the Month of November 2016.
- Shri .S.D. Shinde, Technical assistant won first prize in state level Chess Competition held
at sangamner in the Month of October 2016.
Other activities for overall development of students:
- Expert lecture for second and Third year students on “Modeling in CAD and CREOsoftware” by MrPravin Bhujade(30/7/2016)
- Expert lecture for Third year students on “Industrial safety and Total productive Maintenance” by MrMarutiMorde Tata Motors,Pune(7/10/2016)
- One day workshop on “Road Safety Awareness” for second and third year students
By Mr V.H. PatilSarwatnyaPrakashn, Pune (30/9/2016)
- State level Poster presentation competition (30/9/2016)
- A course on “Automotive Engine Repair Technician” under AICTE- Pantpradhan Skill Development Program.
- A course on “Two wheeler & Three wheeler Engine Repair” Maharashtra Skill Development Program.
Paper published in journals by faculty.
|Sr. No.||Name of faculty||Name of journal||Title of paper|
|1||Prof. E.R. Ghogare||IJESRT||An investigation of TribologicalBehaviorOf Lubricating oil with the addition of Nanoparticle Additives|
|2||Prof. M.B.Thorat||IJESRD||Acetone as a Gasoline fuel|
|3||Prof.R.M.Kanase||IJESRT||An investigation on TribologicalBehavior of Lubricating oil with the addition of nanoparticleAdditives|
|4||Prof.R.M.Kanase||IJESRD||A Review on TribologicalBehavior of Lubricating oil with the addition of nanotube and nanoparticle Additives|